Sunday 27 March 2011

Cupcake Nails

Hey everyone!  Not only do I make YouTube videos, but I also watch them.  One of the beauty gurus who I occasionally watch is Ingrid (or missglamorazzi).  Anyway, Ingrid had uploaded a nail tutorial for cupcake nails, so I thought I would try it out :)


I began by applying a clear base coat.  The reason you should always use a base coat is that it protects your nail from being stained by the polish.  This is especially important when using dark nail polish such as black or purple!


Next I applied two coats of Sephora by OPI 'Access 24/7' which is a hot pink colour.  This made the bottom of my cupcake.


After this I applied a matte white nail polish (not sure of the brand).  I applied this white to the tip of the nail and pulled it down in three sections to give the nail a 'frosted' look.


The next step was taking a deep red colour, I used OPI 'Bogota Blackberry' and made a small circle on the tip of each nail.  This is the cherry on top!  How cute.


Afterwards I took a dark blue colour polish by Revlon called 'Royal'.  I also took a bobby pin and bent it into a long horizontal piece of metal.  I then dipped the bobby pin in the blue polish and made sprinkles on top of the white polish.


My last step was applying a clear top coat.  This will allow your polish to stay longer and not chip!


I think they turned out super cute!  Don't be discouraged if they aren't perfect the first time, mine definitely weren't!


xoxo,
Rebecca



1 comment: